Today we are switching it up a little bit with some fun spicy Pineapple-Sake Sangria with Jalapeño! Happy Friday!!
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- One 750-ml bottle dry filtered sake
- Pineapple slices and fresh mint sprigs, for serving
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil with the sugar and jalapeño, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let cool completely, then strain the syrup; discard the jalapeño.
- In a large pitcher, combine the jalapeño syrup, pineapple juice and sake and stir well. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour. Serve the sangria over ice in tumblers, garnished with pineapple and mint.
Filed under: Friday Wine Tasting